Video Entry Rules & Regulations
Eligibility: Courtesy Giveaway Video Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the States of Louisiana who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry and meet other eligibility requirements set forth below. Entrants who have not reached the age of majority in their state of residence must have permission from their parent or guardian. Employees of Courtesy Automotive Group and any of their parent and affiliate companies are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void here prohibited.
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions and entrant’s certification as to eligibility, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
Timing: The Contest begins and entries will be accepted from November 7, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”), until January 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. CT (the “Entry Period”). After the expiration of the Entry Period, voting will continue till April 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Voting Period” is February 16, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) to April 3, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CT), the general public who visit www.courtesygiveaway.com will able to vote for their favorite entry.
Limit: Each entrant may upload a total of one (1) Submission during the Entry Period. Submissions received from any person in excess of the stated limit will be void. Any Submissions that violate any of the Rules and Regulations will not be posted on www.courtesygiveaway.com, no voting option will be available for the Submission, and the Submission shall not be eligible for the Grand Prize. Courtesy Automotive Group reserves the right to disqualify any Submissions that, in its sole discretion, violate the Rules and Regulations. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s, and all participants in the Submission’s, consent to give Courtesy Automotive Group a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant and all participants in the Submission will sign any documentation that may be required for Courtesy Automotive Group or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Each Submission shall not be used for any purpose by the entrant other than for the purposes of this Contest.
Winner Determination: After the Entry Period, the winner will be selected by that Submission receiving the greatest number of votes from the public (herein “the potential Grand Prize winner”) from among all eligible Submissions. The use of automated means to enter, evaluate, or vote for any entrant is expressly prohibited and grounds for disqualification of any entrant. Important** Only one vote may be cast per Submission per IP address per day.
Winner Requirements: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email or phone before or after April 3, 2015. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) duly notarized, which must be received by Courtesy Automotive Group within ten (10) business days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Courtesy Automotive Group in its sole discretion, the potential Grand Prize winner forfeits the prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the Grand Prize may be awarded to the runner-up with the second most number of votes, in Courtesy Automotive Group’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the prize will remain unawarded. In the event of a tie in the number of votes received by potential Grand Prize winners, the potential Grand Prize winner will be chosen by three (3) representatives of Courtesy Automotive Group based upon originality, creativity, and enthusiasm, with each criteria bearing equal weight. The representatives chosen as judges for Courtesy Automotive Group may not have any experience in the music, dance, or entertainment industries. Acceptance of the Grand Prize shall constitute and signify the Grand Prize winner’s agreement and consent that Courtesy Automotive Group and its designees may use the Grand Prize winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the Grand Prize winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign, and does hereby irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign, to Courtesy Automotive Group the entirety of the intellectual property rights, including without limitation all copyrights, in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity and royalty-free. The Grand Prize winner accepts and acknowledges that Courtesy Automotive Group shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Courtesy Automotive Group, in its sole discretion, shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Courtesy Automotive Group shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Courtesy Automotive Group chooses to refrain from any use of its rights hereunder. The winner will indemnify Courtesy Automotive Group, Released Parties (as defined below) and any licensee of Courtesy Automotive Group against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Courtesy Automotive Group may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Grand Prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Courtesy Automotive Group reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Courtesy Automotive Group reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Courtesy Automotive Group’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an Submission made via the website, Submission will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the Submission is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Courtesy Automotive Group is not responsible for the inability of the Grand Prize winner to accept the Grand Prize prize for any reason.
The Grand Prize winner, parent, or legal guardian of the Grand Prize winner must provide government issued identification and tax identification number (i.e. social security number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number) to Courtesy Automotive Group. By entering this Contest, you and your travel companion:
- Fully and unconditionally agree and accept these Official Rules.
- Release, indemnify and hold harmless Courtesy Automotive Group, its parent, affiliated, subsidiary and successor companies, and its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, advertising agencies and promotional sponsors (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any and all harm, expense, liability or injury that may be sustained relating to or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the Grand Prize;
- Authorize the Releasee to use the Grand Prize winners’ names, likenesses, photographs, voices
and biographical data for any purpose, in any media, unless prohibited by law.
Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Courtesy Automotive Group, its franchisees, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and attorneys from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to:
- unauthorized human intervention in the Contest;
- technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines;
- printing errors;
- lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail;
- errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or
- injury, infringement or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize.
Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any punitive, consequential, or indirect damages. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms and if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained therein.
Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Lafayette, Louisiana. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules and Regulations, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Courtesy Automotive Group in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Louisiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Louisiana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Louisiana.
List of Winners: For identification of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Potenza 600 Jefferson St. Ste. 730, LA 70501. In your request, state that you would like a copy of the “winners list” for the Courtesy Giveaway Video Entry Contest. Requests for the “winners list” must be postmarked on or before April 1, 2015.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement (including infringement of third party trademarks, logos, company names, music, photographs, and images whether unpublished or published on websites, television, movies or other media) other than those owned by Courtesy Automotive Group, which entrant has a limited license only to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest (for example, no logos on clothing, posters or artwork in the
background, or a television or radio in the background);
- The Submission must not criticize Courtesy Automotive Group or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion, which determination may be made in Courtesy Automotive Group’s sole discretion;
- The Submission must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs or other identifying elements of any person, living or dead, without submitted express written permission of that person;
- The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, vulgar, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, which determination may be made in Courtesy Automotive Group’s sole discretion;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes any political agenda, bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, which determination may be made in Courtesy Automotive Group’s sole discretion;
- The Submission must not contain references to or use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, or content that promotes violence or harm to any living creature, which determination may be made in Courtesy Automotive Group’s sole discretion; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.